Friday 2 February 2018

Psalm 5

Parallelism takes second place to the music. If you follow the music, it seems to me that you never lose a parallel. But it is less obvious in print.

Psalms 5 Fn Min Max Syll
לַמְנַצֵּ֥חַ אֶֽל־הַנְּחִיל֗וֹת מִזְמ֥וֹר לְדָוִֽד 1 For the leader on the flutes. A psalm of David. 3e 3f 13
אֲמָרַ֖י הַאֲזִ֥ינָה ׀ יְהוָ֗ה בִּ֣ינָה הֲגִֽיגִי 2 To my promise give ear Yahweh. Discern my meditation. 3e 4B 14
הַקְשִׁ֤יבָה ׀ לְק֬וֹל שַׁוְעִ֗י מַלְכִּ֥י וֵאלֹהָ֑י
כִּֽי־אֵ֝לֶ֗יךָ אֶתְפַּלָּֽל
3 Attend to the voice of my cry, my king and my God,
for to you I pray.
3e 4C 12
6
יְֽהוָ֗ה בֹּ֭קֶר‬ תִּשְׁמַ֣ע קוֹלִ֑י
בֹּ֥קֶר אֶֽעֱרָךְ־לְ֝ךָ֗ וַאֲצַפֶּֽה
4 Yahweh, morning, you will hear my voice.
Morning I will arrange for you and I will be on lookout.

3e 4B 8
11
כִּ֤י ׀ לֹ֤א אֵֽל־חָפֵ֘ץ רֶ֥שַׁע ׀ אָ֑תָּה
לֹ֖א יְגֻרְךָ֣ רָֽע
5 C For not a God who delights in wickedness are you.
Evil is not your guest.
3e 4C 9
5
לֹֽא־יִתְיַצְּב֣וּ הֽ֭וֹלְלִים לְנֶ֣גֶד עֵינֶ֑יךָ
שָׂ֝נֵ֗אתָ כָּל־פֹּ֥עֲלֵי אָֽוֶן
6 Boasters have no station before your eyes.
You hate all workers of mischief.
3e 4B 12
9
תְּאַבֵּד֮ דֹּבְרֵ֪י כָ֫זָ֥ב
אִישׁ־דָּמִ֥ים וּמִרְמָ֗ה יְתָ֘עֵ֥ב ׀ יְהוָֽה
7 You will make the speakers of a lie to perish.
A person of blood and deceit Yahweh will abhor.

3d 3f 7
11
וַאֲנִ֗י בְּרֹ֣ב חַ֭סְדְּךָ אָב֣וֹא בֵיתֶ֑ךָ
אֶשְׁתַּחֲוֶ֥ה אֶל־הֵֽיכַל־קָ֝דְשְׁךָ֗ בְּיִרְאָתֶֽךָ
8 But I, in your abundant mercy, will go into your house.
I will worship in your holy temple in your fear.
3e 4B 13
15
יְהוָ֤ה ׀ נְחֵ֬נִי בְצִדְקָתֶ֗ךָ לְמַ֥עַן שׁוֹרְרָ֑י
הַיְשַׁ֖ר לְפָנַ֣י דַּרְכֶּֽךָ
9 Yahweh, guide me in your righteousness on account of my watchers.
Upright to my face be your way.

3e 4C 15
8
כִּ֤י אֵ֪ין בְּפִ֡יהוּ נְכוֹנָה֮ קִרְבָּ֪ם הַ֫וּ֥וֹת
קֶֽבֶר־פָּת֥וּחַ גְּרוֹנָ֑ם
לְ֝שׁוֹנָ֗ם יַחֲלִֽיקוּן
10 C For there is no stability in its mouth. Within them calamities.
An open tomb their gullet.
With their tongues they divide.
3d 4C 12
8
7
הַֽאֲשִׁימֵ֨ם ׀ אֱ‍ֽלֹהִ֗ים יִפְּלוּ֮ מִֽמֹּעֲצ֪וֹתֵ֫יהֶ֥ם
בְּרֹ֣ב פִּ֭שְׁעֵיהֶם הַדִּיחֵ֑מוֹ
כִּי־מָ֥רוּ בָֽךְ
11 Declare them guilty O God. Let them fall in their conspiracies.
In their many transgressions banish them,
for they provoked you.

3d 4B 14
9
3
וְיִשְׂמְח֨וּ כָל־ח֪וֹסֵי בָ֡ךְ לְעוֹלָ֣ם יְ֭רַנֵּנוּ וְתָסֵ֣ךְ עָלֵ֑ימוֹ
וְֽיַעְלְצ֥וּ בְ֝ךָ֗ אֹהֲבֵ֥י שְׁמֶֽךָ
12 And all those who take refuge in you will be glad. Forever they will shout for joy and you will overshadow them.
And they who love your name will be elated in you.
3d 4B 21
12
כִּֽי־אַתָּה֮ תְּבָרֵ֪ךְ צַ֫דִּ֥יק יְהוָ֑ה
כַּ֝צִּנָּ֗ה
רָצ֥וֹן תַּעְטְרֶֽנּוּ
13 For you yourself will bless a righteous one, Yahweh.
As the grappling hook with acceptance you will crown him.
3d 4A 9
3
6


No comments:

Post a Comment